Saturday, February 19, 2011

14 Days of LOVE

We started this fun tradition called "14 days of Love" last year. We start on February 1st thru the 14th. I'm not very crafty so I bought our Valentine bags at Target in the dollar bins. Each day there are new love notes from all of our family members. its so fun for the kids to read Valentines from family members who live far away. They also get a fun little toy or treat in their bag. Dave and I also get in on this but I have different little love questions to answer. Its a fun way to celebrate the holiday. Before kids I didn't really care about silly holidays like Valentines but its fun to decorate and spread some extra love. Valentines Day morning we made chocolate chip heart shaped pancakes. Cash couldn't wait to eat his!
This year Dave and I had an agreement that we wouldn't spend more then $5 dollars on each other. I made him a cute scrapbook "10 Things I Love About You." But like always he goes above and beyond. I was having a really bad day and he left his busy Saturday working in the basement to surprise me with a dozen chocolate covered strawberries. I was shocked. It was such a nice early gift. I love Dave so much and all he does for me. I fall more in love with him everyday. HAPPY LOVE DAY!!!


1 comment:

  1. It is so fun that you do this for the family! It will always be a great memory for them:)

    Love Aunt B

    Give them squeezes from me:)

    ReplyDelete