Thursday, October 7, 2010

BIG news around here!

Dave and I decided that we were done having kids. We have a beautiful daughter and a crazy yet handsome son. I knew I was done when everyone else around me was getting pregnant friends, sister, sister in law. I didn't get the feeling of "OOH I want another one." I was happy with the two little ones I have what else could we ask for right? WRONG!!! Despite being on birth control we still manged to have a little surprise, or should I say BIG surprise!! I took two at home tests and they both came up positive. I still wanted to be sure and go to the Dr because I was sure the tests were wrong. They took a test at the Dr's office and they told me it was negative. The nurse asked if I was OK with that and my answer was "yes" My Dr reassured me that if I was taking my pills I couldn't get preggo. So I get home tell Dave and start making lunch when all of a sudden my phone rings, guess who? The nurse called me back and said this to me " I was needed on the phone with a patient before I cleaned up your test and when I turned around I noticed that your test was positive" I was speechless. I had to go back in for blood work to get a for sure answer. We had to wait 24 hours until we would have the results. That was a killer! Very tense in our house as you could imagine. I was at the park with my wonderful friends when I got the news that I was 100 percent pregnant. I was floored! Now I had to go home and tell Dave that yep we are having another one. After the shock wore off about a week and half later we couldn't have been more excited about this baby. We figured our first was a surprise and look at how beyond amazing she has turned out. I started feeling like crap right off the bat. I have been so sick from about 11am until I went to bed at night. I also started to notice things that shouldn't start happening until later on in my pregnancy. I went in for my standard 8 weeks check up everything looked great, until the ultrasound!!! My Dr and I both got very quite as we noticed TWO babies!! My heart started racing until I heard these words " looks like one baby has died but the other one is perfect with a strong heartbeat." Then my heart stopped I just couldn't comprehend that. My Dr explained to me that that is very common but kind of rare since I was on birth control to get pregnant at all let alone with twins. I think I was in shock because it really didn't hit me until a couple of days later. I had lost a baby. I was such a wreck. I was heart broken that my baby was gone and I was so certain that something would happen with the other baby I wouldn't sleep and was so emotional about it all, until my wonderful husband put his arm around me and said "This baby is meant to be our family and we will have three beautiful children." I don't know why that made everything better but it did. I love Dave for always being there for me and saying just what i needed to hear. My all day sickness doesn't hit me as early but I have still been pretty sick, but I couldn't have asked for better family and friends who take good care of us. So that is our BIG news story. May 8Th can't come fast enough! I can't wait to meet this little one who was so determined to be with us.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your miscarriage and very excited to meet your new little one in May. Gavin can't wait to have another cousin. Congrats! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a roller coaster! That must have been such a shock, especially after the ultrasound. Everything is meant to be and after you have it you won't look back. So happy to hear that the baby is doing well though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you guys so much and are so happy for you. We can't wait to meet this new little member of the family!

    Love Auntie Blythe

    ReplyDelete